Sunday, February 26, 2012

Cookie Dough Brownies

Photobucket

About a week ago, I went on a double date with a friend and his girlfriend. It was great to see them both again. I hadn't seem the two of them for months, I want to say. Naturally, we caught up over Korean food (we do always seem to get Asian food). Since I hadn't baked anything for them recently, I figure I could make a whole batch this stuff and give some to the boyfriend and his coworkers. I tried a couple of bites and I was addicted. I cut them into bite sized portions to make it easier to store (because I apparently cannot cut straight) and I had 5 of them. RIGHT THERE.

They are really good. The cookie dough topping is great because it has no eggs in it, so anyone who is worried, no need to worry! Although the amount of chocolate chips said in the recipe was a bit ridiculous, I'm sure if I had actually added a cup of chocolate chips, the boyfriend's coworkers would have had sugar highs and lows. Probably not good for people who work in the hospital. All the boyfriend said was that the hospital how complain how I'm making them fat (their fault for eating them) and that it was too much sugar. I will agree, that was probably a little excessive, but I'm still going to make desserts. It's like a nice little thing to eat at work. I can't imagine college students complaining about free food.

I found the recipe while I was digging up recipes to pin on my board of things I want to bake. I've got some baking items, but also some cooking items. I've recently picked up cooking so eventually, I'll have post those things too!


Photobucket

Recipe (adapted from Lovin' From the Oven)

Brownie Portion:
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
½ cup cocoa
½ teaspoon salt

1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9"x13" pan.
2.) Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Once melted remove from heat and add sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Blend together.
3.) In separate bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, and salt. Add dry mixture to the wet and mix well.
4.) Pour into greased pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.

Cookie Dough Portion:
1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
4 1/2 tbsp milk (I used soy, since that's all I have)
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cups mini chocolate chips.

1.) Let your brownies cool.
2.) Next, combine the butter, sugars, milk and flour until well combined. Then stir in the mini chocolate chips.
3.) Spread the cookie dough on the cooled brownies.
4.)Then chill the brownies until the cookie dough is firm. Cut into bars and serve.

ENJOY!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments!
<3 Nina

Related Posts with Thumbnails