Sunday, August 2, 2009

Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies [sms]

Photobucket

So I decided to tackle this as I normally do, on Tuesday nights before the Circle K meeting on Wednesday. This week's SMS was chosen by Stephanie of Ice Cream Before Dinner. The funny thing is that she is actually the one that got me into sms. I was following her blog on google reader, and she had this new thing that she was in. I knew that a lot of people were into TWD (Tuesdays with Dorie), but I saw that she was in something new and they were still accepting members so that's when I joined. I've loved everything so far. It's been a challenge, but in a good way.

Anyways, these peanut butter cookies were easy. I had doubled the recipe because I knew that I wanted both peanut butter cookies without chocolate chips, but since I love chocolate chips, I decided to do a batch with some.

Whilst making the recipe, I decided to add two pinches of cinnamon and two dashes of vanilla which would equal out to one of each per recipe.

I don't think it had made too much of a difference, but they definitely smelled really good. My crosshatch didn't work out as much as I had hoped, but that's okay.

Photobucket

The chocolate chip ones were the friend favorite since those were gone in like 10 minutes. I had made my two into an ice cream sandwich.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

recipe for the chewy peanut butter cookies here.
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Those ice cream sandwiches look so good. I'll have to remember that for next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The choc chip versions look amazing!!

    Katie xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you had the same idea I thought of with the ice cream in the middle! Im taking them to my parents today and thats how I vision us eating them. I doubled the recipe too and Im so glad I did. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific job! The ice cream sandwiches are gorgeous! I thought briefly about putting chocolate chips in my cookies but I got lazy and skipped them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Add ice cream to any cookie and everything is all good! Your cookies & sandwiches look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your varieties look great. I was thinking of adding cinnamon to mine too but wasn't sure if it would work so I didn't...

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love that you made an ice cream sandwich!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so proud to have got you into SMS! It is a challenge sometimes, isn't it? When you have a lot on your plate, and not enough time, it gets tough, but then again it forces you to get some ME time in. :) Thanks for baking along with me this week! (and your Cinnamon and Vanilla additions sound DELICIOUS!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cookies were good enough on their own, I can only imagine how yummy they are with chocolate and ice cream - excellent idea! That's great that you found SMS through Stephanie's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your ice cream sandwiches look like the perfect fix on a hot summer night!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job, glad you found the time to make these and love your additions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nina!

    Great job on your cookies- they look delicious, and I bet the chocolate chips were the perfect addition (I love that combination!) It's funny you mentioned you added some cinnamon, because sometimes I roll my PB cookies in cinnamon sugar (kind of like a PB snickerdoodle) and it's super yummy... the cinnamon really goes well with the warm, nutty flavor of the PB. Maybe you could give that technique a try next time- let me know what you think, if you do :)

    Hope to talk to you again soon! Have a great rest of your week!

    -Joy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmm... the cross hatch didn't work out well in mine either. I thought it was the flour I used. They look like they taste delicious though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Nina!!

    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog!! I get so easily excited when people from the group comment! :) You cookies look fabulous!!! And I look forward to baking with you every week!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
<3 Nina

Related Posts with Thumbnails