Monday, August 3, 2009

Apple Crisp [mbs]

Photobucket
MSB - Midnight Birthday Surprise. I know too many acronyms, but that's how I live my life.
So at Berkeley, normally we go at midnight and surprise the birthday person. Sometimes we make the birthday person wait for a couple of minutes before we go and surprise them with song and something made by me. This time it was Mimi's turn.
This is Mimi.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

The crisp was nice and crispy but the apples at the bottom were nice and tender. YUM!\

recipe for the apple crisp
(inspired by the one found here)
Ingredients
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon [I used 1 teaspoon]
1/3 cup softened butter
1 1/2 cups KELLOGG'S* RICE KRISPIES* cereal
6 cups sliced, peeled cooking apples
Directions:
In large bowl mix together sugar, flour and cinnamon. Using pastry blender, cut in margarine until resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cereal.

Spread apple slices evenly in 23 cm (9-inch) square baking pan. Sprinkle cereal topping over apples. [I used a 9in circle baking pan and added more cereal on top of the topping already made.]

Bake at 180 degrees C (350 degrees F) about 30 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve with frozen yogurt or whipped topping, if desired.


*I would have more pictures, but I only had my phone on me when they cut open the crisp, so no good pictures*
Photobucket

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments!
<3 Nina

Related Posts with Thumbnails