Friday, July 31, 2009

Strawberry Cupcakes with Kiwi Frosting and Rice Krispies Sushi

Photobucket

So one of my friends, Kat, who I just met a couple week ago. She's apparently part of the Circle K at her school which makes all friends! Anyways, so she's leaving for Alabama for ICON (International Convention) and then she's going back to Ohio. =[. It was great hanging out with her and everything. So Friday night, before she leave, good bye dinner - at Minami Sushi. Seriously, we get sushi from there all the time. Only 8 bucks for sushi. YUMMY

Anyways, being that it is HER going away party, I asked her what type of cupcakes she wanted. She said that she loves strawberries and likes kiwi too, so I decided to look at my list of things that I wanted to make, and there it was - Strawberry Cupcakes and Kiwi Frosting. (8 out of 10!)

These were very simple to make even with strawberry yogurt. I had subbed out the yogurt for half a cup of buttermilk and half a cup of sour cream. I also added a little more than a cup of strawberries. It was really good. The frosting was easy enough to make.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also created some rice krispies sushi for her. They are so cute and really simple to make. She knows that she doesnt get really nice sushi when she goes back to Ohio, so this is an homage to that.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

recipe for the strawberry cupcake with kiwi frosting here . recipe rice krispies sushi here.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Ooo! That is what you were facebooking about, correct? That is very interesting... Kiwi frosting. hmmm! I'd try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, everything is more like it. go look at everything, comment and go crazy with baking!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
<3 Nina

Related Posts with Thumbnails