Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hazelnut Truffles [sms]

Photobucket

This week's SMS choice was Hazelnut Truffles and was chosen by Anne of Living Life Foodcariously. I had brought these along with the ice cream cupcakes to a meeting and everyone enjoyed the chocolate-y truffles that seemed very expensive and too high class for us college students.

I had made these truffles with the Green and Black's Organic chocolate because the store nearby had a sale and decided to splurge a little more after finding the hazelnuts and buy this really nice chocolate.

Photobucket
Sory for the blurry picture, I think I was in a hurry because I had a lot to do this week.

The truffle was easy to make after getting all the ingredients together. I personally didnt have any semisweet chocolate in my place, so I mixed the milk and the dark chocolates together ending up with a 60% cocoa content...so that's about the content of semisweet chocolate. I also subbed the alcohol for almond extract since I am underage therefore no alcohol. =]

Photobucket
bowl as I was scooping it out.

The truffles were super easy to put together and I had covered with rice krispies crushed together and another couple with graham cracker crumbs.

These were super fun to make and super delicious as well.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also added small pieces of this in the ice cream portion of my Raspberry Chocolate Ice Cream Cupcake.
Photobucket

Recipe for the truffles here! Make sure to check out the rest of the SMS bakers on the blogroll!
Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. those truffles look mouth watering :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You brought all of these things to a meeting? Well, you must be the hit of the place. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Rice Krispy idea, I totally snatched it! I left mine whole and it added such a nice crunch! Loved it. And we great minds really do think alike because I did graham cracker crumbs, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your truffles look so delicious! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful looking truffles! I love the chocolate you used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used Green and Blacks too! It's my chocolate of choice.

    Lovely looking truffles

    Katie xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. The truffles look fantastic and the cupcakes sound divine as well. I'll have to try that Green & Black chocolate sometimes, sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure everyone will be inviting you to their meetings now! Nice looking truffles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your idea to use Rice Krispy treats for the coating - brilliant! Your truffles look great! I'm glad they were a hit. I really liked them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, great looking truffles, and love the creative topping ideas. Oh and GO BEARS, didn't know you were at Cal. I'm a 2000 graduate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ive been meaning to try Green & Blacks... your truffles look great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Green & Black's, it's the best... Glad you enjoyed these, they were really fun to make (and eat).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Way for splurging on great ingredients!!!:) my kind of girl! Yours looks SOOO good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the variety!!! They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i bet the truffle pieces were good in the ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmmm... rice krispies and graham crackers- how creative, Nina! Sounds absolutely delicious. Great job!

    I'm super excited to be hosting SMS this week, and I really hope you will bake along with me- it just wouldn't be the same without you! Hope you're doing well, and I look forward to talking to you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. your truffles look great! i haven't even officially tried mine yet, oops. but my coworker says this is the best thing i've made thus far, in his 'expert' opinion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow those cupcakes sound insane! Some nice looking truffles too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. They look delicious Nina! I was just reading your profile on the side and I didn't realize you are an economics student. I graduated with the same degree a while back- it must mean you're a pretty smart cookie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your truffles look yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
<3 Nina

Related Posts with Thumbnails