Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Chocolate Caramel Cookies

Photobucket
Today's a reunion of some sorts. I get to see some of my friends that I havent seen in like 3 weeks! =]

Well we're getting pho and I always seem to bring along with me when I go out and get lunch with friends. This time I decided on a chocolate caramel cookie that Danny - one of them that I was meeting up with - wanted.

Photobucket

It's a really simple recipe which I decided to halve since I didn't have enough ingredients.
Recipe for chocolate caramel cookies
[taken from here]
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
1 cup sugar
1 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract [I used two!]
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 (13 ounce) package Rolo candies [I found these rolls of Rolo candies at a store, they had approx 24 total in them]

Directions:
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
Add the egg and vanilla; mix well.
Combine flour, cocoa and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture and beat just until combined.
Shape dough by tablespoonfuls around each candy.
Bake at 375 degrees F for about 10 minutes or until top is slightly cracked. Cool for 3 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Note: you may have to watch the cookies because if they crack too much the caramel will flow out. This happened to me a couple of times.


Photobucket

Even my little brother loved it!

Photobucket
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. They look super-yummy! I'm sure your friends must have loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bookmarking!! i used to friggin LOVE rolos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh..these cookies look and sound great. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These cookies look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummmm! these totally look like something i'd love!
    Love your blog too!!
    Happy Baking,
    Mini Baker :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - these cookies look great. I love the chewy center. Can't wait to try them for myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
<3 Nina

Related Posts with Thumbnails