Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tiramisu Success =)


So yesterday I had said that I had failed on my cupcakes...and I did. So I probably did not mix the egg whites enough, but its so hard to whip those egg whites with just a whisk. Next time I'm borrowing/bringing up my electric mixer so I dont have to mix it all myself. So that's probably why they turned out so gummy and disgusting.
But I did make the espresso syrup, which was disgustingly sweet, but also kind of good.
Ingredients:
½ cup confectioner’s sugar
2/3 cup water
5 teaspoons espresso powder

Directions:
In a small, heavy saucepan over high heat, combine the water, the remaining 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar and the espresso or coffee powder.
Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and let cool.


Poured them on top of the cupcakes, but then the cupcakes didnt look so appetizing.

That's where I realized this was my first failed baking project. somewhat.

I went to bed on a sad note, but this morning, I was determined to make things right.
So I decided to go with a simple vanilla cake recipe. Nothing TOO complicated.Ingredients:
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup milk (I used soy milk instead)

Directions:
In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter.
Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
Finally stir in the milk until batter is smooth.
Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tins.
(I used two tablespoons and I had gotten 24 cupcakes).
Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees. (I baked them 12 minutes on one side, and 3 the other.)


Since I still had syrup, poured like two tsps on top.
Then frosted it with my frosting recipe.
Ingredients:
3 c mascarpone
1 c confectioner’s sugar
¼ c marsala wine
¾ c heavy cream, chilled

Directions:
In a medium bowl using an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat together the mascarpone cheese, confectioner’s sugar and marsala until well blended. (I had handmixed it, but it turned out fine)
Add the cream and beat until fluffy, about 1 minute. (I added the cream in little by little, and beat until you think its good enough)


Decorated with some chocolate piped designs.
Final product!

I hope that everyone who got one enjoyed it =). It took a lot of work, but I was very proud once I finished.

Recipes taken from here and here.


<3

1 comment:

  1. this is totally one of my new baking blogs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
<3 Nina

Related Posts with Thumbnails