Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Lemon Bars AGAIN?

Yes, I have decided to try and make lemon bars again. I have adjusted the recipe and feel like this one is even better than the other one I had.

Recipe here!
Ingredients:
1/4 pound unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cups flour
1/16 teaspoon kosher salt (I took a 1/8 of a teaspoon of kosher salt and then divided it in half)


Directions:
For the crust, cream the butter and sugar until light in the bowl of an electric mixer.
Combine the flour and salt and, with the mixer on low, add to the butter until just mixed.
Dump the dough onto a well-floured board and gather into a ball.
Flatten the dough with floured hands and press it into the greased baking sheet.
Chill.
Bake the crust for 10 minutes, until very lightly browned. Let cool on a wire rack.


I was hoping that my 5 lemons would get me 1 cup of lemon juice, but it didn't, but it was 3/4 of a cup. I just adjusted all the others to it.

Ingredients:
5 extra-large eggs at room temperature
1 3/4 cups + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
grated lemon zest from my 5 lemons
3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup flour

Directions:
For the lemon layer, whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and flour.
Pour over the crust and bake for 25 minutes, or until it sets.
Let cool to room temperature.


Dust with powdered sugar.


<3 Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
<3 Nina

Related Posts with Thumbnails