Saturday, March 7, 2009

Hurt...

Yes, I am hurt. I burnt my finger. On a hot pan. While baking. =(
It started blistering so I put a bandaid on it so no one has to look at its ugliness.

BUT to get to that point, I did baking. LOTS of it. It's the first time baking in like..half a week. =)
I made Chocolate Kahlua Cake with Brandon. (sorry no ingredients picture people...) But the cake is pretty simple. I found it on all recipes.

Ingredients (for the cake):
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup water
3 eggs
1/4 cup coffee flavored liqueur
1/4 cup vodka


There is this wonderful glaze on top as well...
Ingredients:
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup hot water
2 tablespoons coffee flavored liqueur
2 tablespoons vodka

and instructions are:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, oil, 3/4 cup water, eggs, 1/4 cup coffee liqueur and 1/4 cup Vodka. Mix well, then pour into greased and floured Bundt pan.
Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Pour glaze over hot cake while still in pan. Let cake sit for 30 minutes.
To make the glaze: in a small saucepan combine sugar, butter and 1/4 cup hot water. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. remove from heat and stir in 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur and 2 tablespoons vodka.

So the only difference is that, we didnt have a Bundt pan, so it took like... 30-45 mins. and well I thought we were supposed to poke holes to make the glaze go through, I guess not, but it was great. =) AND instead of regular ol' coffee liqueur we used Kahlua.

Later, I was going to start to make Kathleen her present but then again, I was going to go to Hedwigs, but I kinda scratched the whole idea because I just DONT have enough time tomorrow. I was going to make her Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes. First off, I cant get the alcohol myself since I am underage, and second, I realized, that I dont have that kind of time to make that extensive of a project...in like 5 hours tomorrow.

Instead, I decided to bake Josh some cupcakes, afterall, I do need to get him something for his show. So I found an interesting recipe...not sure if I really like it, but I'll gauge the opinion of others...tomorrow after his show.

Busy busy day tomorrow. More baking!
Better get some sleep before tomorrow!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
<3 Nina

Related Posts with Thumbnails