Sunday, March 8, 2009

Baking, Party, Plays?

So remember, I mentioned that I had baked cupcakes for Josh? Well instead, I decided to give those cupcakes to Kathleen. Apparently most people really like it, and it was pretty fun to pipe again and make icing by hand. So to get started...
Cupcakes =)
Ingredients:

1/2 cup boiling water
1/4 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon soda
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions:
In a mixing bowl, combine boiling water, shortening, sugar, and cocoa.
Beat until sugar is dissolved.
Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with the beaten egg, sour cream, and vanilla.
Fill greased and lightly floured cupcake cups about half full.
Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.

So they all came out =)

I made icing by hand.
Ingredients:
3 to 4 cups confections sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperatue
3 to 4 tablespoons heavy cream.

I kinda just mixed them all together, and I added more heavy cream until I got it to a consistency I liked that was pipable, but also speadable.
AND now piped on the beautiful cupcakes
yay piping detail.


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
<3 Nina

Related Posts with Thumbnails