Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mini Raspberry Swirl Cheesecakes [MSCC]

Photobucket

So yes, I've made many mini cheesecakes before, each of which have been super successful. This one, I didn't find as successful, but those people (Scott's coworkers) who have had it think that it's good. Okay, I guess so.



Photobucket
It's funny, my old roommate, Kim, and I were talking one day and I told her I was planning on making mini cheesecakes and needed to go to the grocery store and get raspberries or some sort of fruit. She told me that she was thinking about getting jelly to make her cheesecake. I got thinking, I have some raspberry jelly at my place, why don't I just try using that since I didn't feel like paying $3 for a container of raspberries. Because I used jelly, I dont think they turned out that successful. Also, the cheesecakes turned out...concave. the inside is lower than the outside. It's weird. My cheesecakes do tend to do that.

If I'm making mini cheesecakes again, I'll have to try some other thing. This whole jelly and cheesecake thing does NOT work for me. They weren't bad, but I didn't think they were that great either. These cupcakes were made with the MS: Cupcake Club, where we're baking through Martha Stewart's Cupcake book. There's quite a few of them, and they all look delicious!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. That was a good idea to use jelly instead of real raspberries! Here in England it was going to cost me $5 for a small box of raspberries so I wasn't too keen either but luckily I found some on sale! I'm sure they tasted just as yummy, usually when your cheesecake sinks down in the middle it's because it needed baked for just a little longer in the oven. Perhaps because you used jelly it was more liquid like than the puree and so it could have needed a longer baking time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine also sunk in the middle, but I still thought they were delicious. Sorry yours didn't work out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry yours didn't turn out as well as expected. Mine sunk in the middle too- I saw Crazy Gem's comment about having it bake a little longer, so I guess I'll try that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, at the co-workers liked them! :-) Thanks so much for baking with us and I hope to see you next month for Lavender Iced Brownies!

    xo,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
<3 Nina

Related Posts with Thumbnails