Saturday, May 9, 2009

Tropical Lemon Cupcakes


Oh this cupcake and cake were delicious. I was out with Alex and Macky that day. Eating at cheeseboard was awesomely amazing too. They have yummy pizza and all of its vegetarian.

Then we baked Virginia Carpenter's Tropical Lemon Cake. Virginia is one of the Berkeley Kiwanians that I had competed against. Her cake had won so I decided to make it for myself. She was so right. This cake was amazing. Nothing like it that I've tasted. Sweet and Sour.

Recipe for the cake/cupcakes:
Ingredients:
1 (18.25 oz) package of lemon cake mix
1 (3 oz) package of lemon flavored gelatin mix
5 eggs
1 cup of veg oil
3/4 cup of fresh orange juice

Directions:
Preheat oven at 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 in pan or line a cupcake pan with liners.
In a large bowl stir together the cake mix and lemon jello.
Combine the eggs, oil, and orange juice in a blender and blend for 5 minutes (or since I didnt have a blender, in a bowl with a hand mixer.)
Gradually add the dry mixture into the wet mixture.
Beat for another 5 minutes. Pour into pan/cupcake liners.
Bake the cake for 40-45 mins or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. I had baked my cupcakes for like 15-20 minutes.

Glaze:
Ingredients:
1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice
2 cups of powdered sugar
Directions:
Combine the fresh lemon juice and powdered sugar.
Beat until smooth.

Put it all together!
When the cake/cupcakes come out of the oven, make sure to make holes with either a fork or tooth picks. Then pour the glaze of the cake/cupcakes.

Very moist and yummy cake!

All of them! So many!

Thanks for Alex and Macky for helping me!
<3 Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
<3 Nina

Related Posts with Thumbnails