Thursday, December 3, 2009

Peppermint Brownies

Photobucket

Two weeks ago, I had gotten back a test in one of my accounting classes and I had gotten a 100%. I mean I can't say that I was expecting it, but I had worked hard in that class and studied with a friend and had gotten a good grade. I was proud of myself.

My friend, who hates accounting, had also gotten a 100%. I was so proud of her because she had learned all that stuff the couple nights that we had studied together.

Photobucket

Anyways, last week in class while we were learning something new, she had wrote on my notes, peppermint brownies. I thought that I would surprise with these brownies since she did do very well.

I know that you can't tell they are peppermint brownies because they dont have crushed peppermint candies in them or on top of them, but I assure you, this brownie recipe was amazing. It's so minty and chocolatey - its like amazing!

Photobucket

Peppermint Brownies:
[I made them in a 8 in round pan and also a ramekin for myself]
(adapted from this recipe)
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour the pans you plan on baking this in.

2. In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter.
3. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and peppermint extract.
4. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder.
5. Spread batter into prepared pan.

6. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook.
[mine were done in about 20 minutes so make sure to check!]

What I also loved about this recipe was that I only had ONE pan to wash other than the dishes that I baked in. Also sorry for the lack of good lighting! I thought I would have extras for later, but I actually ended up meeting up with her at about 8 so therefore no light except the ones in house!

Also guess what I got recently! Thank you Karen!
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
<3 Nina

Related Posts with Thumbnails