Thursday, April 23, 2009

Green Tea Cookies

Last of the Green Tea stuff...UNTIL I GET MORE MATCHA POWDER!

anyways, back to this. cookies! I'm bringing them down to socal for this district officer training conference (DOTC) for Circle K. These green tea cookies, and the chocolate chocolate chip cookies that I plan on baking tomorrow.

I found this recipe, but I had adjust the baking temperature and some the amount of some ingredients because it was burning my cookies =( and I wanted more of a green tea and vanilla taste. Also, I ran out of butter, so I subbed 1/4 cup of the butter with veg oil.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup of butter
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
7 teaspoons of green tea powder (matcha)
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/8 teaspoon of salt

Directions:

Beat butter and sugar until creamy.

Beat in eggs and vanilla.

Slowly add in blended dry ingredients.

Mix well to form a soft dough.

Refrigerate for half an hour or longer.

Roll into ball approx containing 1 tablespoons of the dough.
Place onto the cookie sheet and use a fork to make impressions.
Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.

SO I had followed the recipe and it called for 400 for 10 minutes. and they turned out kinda burnt
then I had put it at 400 for 8 minutes, better, but still a little burnt.
THEN I had an idea, 350! So it was at 350 for a 10 minutes, and they came out perfect!

Recipe from here!
<3 Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
<3 Nina

Related Posts with Thumbnails